“The organised way or the disorganised way”
We know that when you are moving home there is so much to take care of, and not a great amount of time to complete your House Move. Generally you only have a few months to prepare for the move. You have to move what has been accumulated over years, and you only have a couple of days to move.
Where do you start in planning to move house?
As House Removals are our core business activity, we visit many customers prior to their move to discuss how they are going to move house efficiently and with minimum stress and hassle, even with a bit of fun thrown in.
Yes, it can even be fun moving house (only if you have the time for fun). Going through all the items you have collected over years, reminiscing about where you got them from and what they mean to you – however, this may take a long time for some people.
So how do you start?
With a pen and and some paper ! !
- First things first, you need to know what has to be moved.
- Take a page per room in the house, garage and garden. Go to each room listing all the furniture to be moved (making note what furniture needs to be dismantled).
- Estimate how many boxes will be required per room, and what packing material you need per room.
- Make a note of all Fragile Items which need to be packed.
- Make a note about the access for a House Removal Lorry
- In each room, make a note if you want to do the packing or do you want the professionals to do the packing. Some rooms are easier to pack than others.
- Do you want a Full House Packing Service, Fragile Packing Service, Kitchen Packing Service, or will you be doing all the packing yourself?
- Think about the house you are moving to, will the furniture fit into the house, what is the access like? Is parking going to be an issue? If furniture is not dismantled in the house you are moving from – will it need to be dismantled to get in the house you are moving too?